MEASURING FOR CURTAINS
Made to Measure:
- Install the track or pole first and decide which length curtain you would like i.e. below sill length or floor length.
- Use a steel tape measure (if it is not steel it may stretch and give in inaccurate measurements).
Measuring the Width:
- For a track measure the width of the track, including overlap arm and returns if applicable.
- For a pole measure the width between the finials and confirm bracket projection.
- We would then allow the appropriate fullness.
Measuring the Drop:
This depends on which heading you require:
- Tab / Eyelet heading on a pole, (these headings cannot go onto a track) measure from the top of the pole down to the finished length you wish the curtain to be.
- With eyelet heading you would need to make sure there is a gap of at least 1" above the pole for the stand up above the eyelets, (we would make an allowance for this on top of the measurements).
- Pencil / Pinch / Goblet heading on a pole, measure from the bottom of the hook which hangs from the ring down to the finished length you wish the curtain to be.
- Pencil / Pinch / Goblet heading on a track, measure from the top of the track down to the finished length you wish the curtain to be.
N.B. There is no hard and fast rule stating where the drop of the curtains should finish, it all depends on personal preference. The measurement given for the drop must be the finished length that you require.
Measuring Guide for the Width:
Measure the track or pole from points A . B for the width measurement.
Measure the track with the overlap from points A . B, then C . D and add them together to get the total width of the track.